Sunday, March 11, 2018

Book of Bedtime Dreams

Below is finally the video of the booklet I have been making for ages for my daughter, Phoebe. It includes collaged papers and stiching, some painting, some buttons, lace, and odd bits. Where I have painted a picture, the adjacent pages are meant to reflect back the colours or details or images. Phoebe had originally built this book for me with watercolour paper. I wanted it to take with me to Turkey and to paint while we traveled. I took it with me, but we were so busy, the painting rarely happened. When I came home, this is how the new project evolved. Each little grouping hopefully inspires a small story that you can take to bed with you and let a dream develop. The book covers are made by Phoebe. Many of the pages were made while watching videos from Karen Ruane's classes, but are not directly connected to the class content at that time. As with all lessons, however, new ideas creep in, so a lot of credit does belong with Karen for her ongoing inspiration. Let the pages turn.

Bedtime Stories by Laureen van Lierop from Laureen van Lierop on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. It is such a lovely book, Laureen .. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ganz schon. Ich wirklich mag deine Werkstatt:)

    Werbeschirme sonnenschirme - litexpromo.de

    ReplyDelete